Patients Have the Right to:
- Be fully informed in advance about services/care to be provided.
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect as a unique individual.
- Be able to identify company representatives through name and job title(Name badge, Job title) and to speak with a pharmacist if requested.
- Choose a healthcare provider.
- Receive information about the scope of care/services that are provided by LDI Pharmacy as well as any limitations to the company’s care/service capabilities.
- Receive upon request evidence-based practice information for clinical decisions (manufacturer package insert, published practice guidelines, peer-reviewed journals, etc.) including the level of evidence or consensus describing the process for intervention in instances where there is no evidence-based research, conflicting evidence, or no level of evidence.
- Coordination and continuity of services from LDI Pharmacy.
- Receive in advance of services being provided, complete verbal or written explanations of expected payments from Medicare or any other third party payer, charges for which you may be responsible, and explanation of all forms you are requested to sign.
- Receive quality medications and services that meet or exceed professional and industry standards regardless of race, religion, political belief, sex, social or economic status, age, or disease process.
- Confidentiality and privacy of all the information contained in your records and of Protected Health Information (except as otherwise provided for by law or third-party payer contracts).Express dissatisfaction/concerns/complaints for lack of respect, treatment or service, and to suggest changes in policy, staff or services without discrimination, restraint, reprisal, coercion, or unreasonable interruption of services. Patients or caregivers can call(866)516-1121 and ask to speak with a pharmacist or pharmacy director.
- Have concerns/complaints/dissatisfaction about services that are (or fail to be) furnished in a timely manner.
- Be informed of any financial relationships of the pharmacy.
- Be offered assistance with any eligible internal programs that help with patient management services, manufacturer co pay and patient assistance programs, as well as foundation support available.
- Be advised of pharmacy number, (866)516-1121 during normal business hours of Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
- Be advised of any change in the plan of service before the change is made.
- Receive information in a manner, format and/or language that you understand.
- Be fully informed of your responsibilities.
- Have the right to decline participation, revoke consent or disenrollment in any LDI Pharmacy program at any point in time.
Patients Have the Responsibility to:
- Adhere to the plan of treatment or service established by your physician.
- Submit any forms necessary to participate in the program, to the extent required by law.
- Provide, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete medical and personal information necessary to plan and provide care/services.
- Ask questions about your care, treatment and/or services.
- Have clarified any instructions provided by company representatives.
- Be available to receive medication deliveries and coordinate with LDI Pharmacy during times you will be unavailable.
- Treat pharmacy personnel with respect and dignity without discrimination as to color, religion, sex, or national or ethnic origin.
- Use medications according to instructions provided, for the purpose it was prescribed, and only for/on the individual to whom it was prescribed.
- Communicate any concerns on ability to follow instructions provided.
- Promptly settle unpaid balances except where contrary to federal or state law.
- Notify pharmacy of change in prescription or insurance coverage.
- Notify pharmacy immediately of address or telephone changes,temporary or permanent.
- LDI Pharmacy’s normal business number (866)516-3121 will direct you to a live operator for after hour emergency questions or situations. A pharmacist will return your call 24 hours/7days a week. You may leave a message for non-urgent manners or refill request at the normal business number (866) 516-1121 at any time by following designated prompts.
- You have the right and responsibility to express concerns, complaints or dissatisfaction about services you receive or fail to receive without fear of reprisal, discrimination or unreasonable interruption of services. Call the company corporate office at (866)516-2121 and ask to speak with management during regular business hours or the company representative if you are calling outside of regular business hours, including weekends and holidays.
- The formal grievance procedure of LDI Pharmacy ensures that your concerns/complaints will be reviewed and an investigation started within 5 business days of receipt of the concern/complaint. Every attempt shall be made to resolve all grievances within 14 days. You will be informed in writing of the resolution of the complaint/grievance. If more time is needed to resolve the concern/complaint, you will also be informed verbally and in writing.
- If you feel the need to discuss your concerns, dissatisfaction or complaints with a party other than LDI Pharmacy staff, the state provides a Department of Health Complaints division. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The telephone number is (573)751-6303.